The Athens Sightseeing starts at the Acropolis hill, with well known architectural masterpieces of the Golden Age of Athens that includes Erechtheion (female statues of the Caryatides or Maidens dedicated to goddess Athena and god Poseidon), temple of Athena Nike and Propylaea. You will also have a great chance to foresee the monument (that puts order in mind), which is the Parthenon. From the top of the Acropolis hill you can see, the Odeon of Herodus Atticus, the Theatre of Dionysus and the Areopagus (Mars hill).
Then we will drive to the Temple of Olympian Zeus and Hadrian’s Arch, as well as the Panathenaic Stadium. This is the place where the first Olympic games of the modern era were held, in the year 1896. You will also foresee the Evzones (changing of the guards) in their majestic picturesque uniform at the Presidential Palace. Furthermore, the tour will provide a chance to observe the remarkable contrasts that make the city of Athens a fascinating place. Apart from this, we will also visit the Athens Trilogy of culture (the National Library of Greece, the Athens University and the Academy), the Memorial to the Unknown Soldier, the House of Parliament, Constitution Square (Syntagma Square) and a spectacular panorama of the city from Lycabettus hill. We will also drive through modern Athens and stop off at Hermou street, the old city Plaka (and Flea Market) for traditional Greek delicacies and food, as well as to get something to drink. In the places we will visit, you can be certain that you will surely enjoy a wonderful shopping walk, with your family and friends.
After lunch, enjoy a visit at the New Acropolis Museum or the National Archaeological Museum, one of the world’s best museums. We assure you that after your tour with us, you will have a great taste of Athens.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• Drivers/Guides will wait maximum 15 minutes after the indicated pick up time, kindly be on time, otherwise you will be considered a “No-Show” and charged accordingly.
• Rates include: English speaking professional licensed tour guide, all local taxes, fuel, and tolls.
• Not included: Drinks, Entrance fees, meals, accommodation and/or gratuities (10%-15% of service cost)
• Your tour guide will take care all of the entrance fees to the sites and museum. You will pay him/her (in cash) on the spot.
• After you complete your booking process you will receive an Email with all required information. Please print it and have it with you during the tour. When the group reaches the minimum number of 8 guests you will receive an Email notification confirming that the tour will be done. Please note that if there is not enough participation minimum 8 guests then you will be notified 15 days before the tour and the tour will be canceled or replaced if you want with one of our private tours! If for a reason you will not be notified then it means that the tour will take place as planned.
• All offered services are subject to weather conditions, traffic regulations and generally all potential events beyond the control of the service supplier, such as strikes, manifestations, flood, etc. Should such an event occur, which might prevent the performance of the required service, partially or in full, the service provider shall apply all reasonable effort for its fulfillment. Nonetheless, should said applied efforts fail, the service provider shall not be responsible for non-performance.
For those people who want to join small group of people & explore the real and revealing beauty of Athens, all you need to do is to book our Exclusive Semi Private Athens Day Tour. You will visit all the highlights of our architecture, mythology, history, civilisation and culture in an ancient and also contemporary city, at one of the most historical destinations in the world. We invite you to visit and discover the real beauty of Athens in one of our most popular tours.
Temple of Zeus
1st Olympic Stadium
Changing of the Guards
Academy of science
Duration 8-9 hours
Mercedes E-Class, 1-4 persons, 220 euros
Mercedes Minivan / Minibus, 5-7 persons, Contact us
Mercedes Minibus 8- 11 persons, Contact us
Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.