1st day tour itinerary: Athens, Delphi
Depart thru Thebes to Levadia and Arachova for Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. Pass by Castalia Spring, visit at the archaeological site the Temple of Apollo famous for its oracle and the MUSEUM of Delphi, with its spectacular finds, including the bronze Charioteer, the Naxian Sphinx and the Statue of Antinoos. After lunch return to Athens via the picturesque mountain village of Arachova, built on the south slopes of Parnassus, well known for its attractive hand-woven carpets, rugs and quilts, as well as for its wine and cheese afterwards we drive to the scenic village of Kastraki, METEORA (overnight).
2nd day tour itinerary: Delphi, Meteora, Athens
Next day we will visit the monasteries of Meteora, The Holy Monastery of Great Meteoron, It is the biggest of the Meteorite monasteries, The Holy Monastery of Varlaam the second biggest after the Great Meteoro, The Holy Monastery of St. Stephen, it is one of the most attainable as we don’t have to cope with innumerable stairs to reach it. The Monastery of Holy Trinity that is the most difficult to reach, The Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas, It is the first to meet on our way from Kastraki to Meteora, The Holy Monastery of Rousanou, that it is dedicated to The Transfiguration but honored to Saint Barbara. Then after lunch we drive to Thermopylae, the place that took place the most famous battle, 300 soldiers against the strongest army in the word, “the Persians” and then we will drive back to Athens.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
-We use modern Mercedes C/E-Class, Minivan or Minibus vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, Smoke-FREE, fully air-conditioned.
– Rates include all tolls, parking fees, and baggage charges.
– Not included: VAT, Licensed guides, Drinks, Entrance fees, meals, accommodation and/or gratuities.
– All prices are quoted per car / not per person.
– For all services between 23:30 – 06:30 there shall be a night surcharge of 20%.
– Drivers will wait maximum 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time, kindly be on time, otherwise, you will be considered a “Non-Show”
Licensed Guides Extra Seat
Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Delphi and Meteora 2 Days private tour
Wonderful 2 day private tour at Ancient Delphi and the monasteries of Meteora!
The Monastery of Holy Trinity
The Monastery of St. Nicholas
The Monastery of Varlaam
The Monastery of Great Meteoron
The Monastery of St. Stephen
The Monastery of Rousanou
Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)
Activity Level 75%
Kids Friendly 85%
Tour flexibility 90%
At your own pace 90%
Possitive Reviews 100%
Most popular private Greece tours & Athens shore excursions