Nemea Wine Roads Corinth Tours
Corinth & Nemea Wine Roads
CORINTH & NEMEA Wine Roads
From Athens, we will drive westwards along with the well known scenic coastal until we finally reach Corinth Canal. Corinth Canal is the one which separate the Peloponnese from the greater of Greece. We will have a short stop at Corinth Canal. From there In just about 10 minutes, we will reach the town of Ancient Corinth. This is the place where Saint Paul preached and lived for about two years. During the ancient times, the town of Corinth is considered as one of the richest cities in Greece due to the remains of Apollo Temple during the 6th century BC and Ancient Agora.
Afterwards we will drive by the local wine roads (more than 40 wineries are here!) Nemea. Wine was initially produced here for over 3500 years This is one of the reasons why Nemea is considered as one of the biggest winemaking regions in the greater of Greece. The place also produces some of the superb wines in the world. The well-known grape in Nemea is called Ayoryitiko wherein it is the most noble of the Greek red grapes. Apart from this, the town of Nemea is called as “Agios Georgios or St George”. In the year 1937, there is a group of wine growers who decided to establish a cooperative. In the present time, all the wine-growers in Nemea region are members of this association. Furthermore, the wine Cooperative Association has successfully equipped its installation with latest technologies and at the same time adopted advanced marketing methods to secure high position for wines future both in the country of Greece and in the world. When you decided to visit Nemea, you can be sure that you will surely love its wine making procedures and technologies. For those people who want to discover delicious wines in the world, Nemea is the ultimate place to visit and explore.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Inclusions: Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides, everything that not included above inclusions and/or gratuities
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Corinth Highlights & Wine Taste at Nemea
Discover Greek Wine, Countryside, History and Mythology through a Fantastic Road Trip!
- Corinth Canal
- Ancient Corinth
- Temple of Apollo, 6th century BC
- Vima – The location where apostle Paul was judged
- Acrocorinth – Acropolis of Corinth
- The Temple and Sanctuary of Nemean Zeus
- Archaeological Museum of Nemea
- Wineries in Nemea
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)