Athens sightseeing Tour
Athens Sightseeing & The New Acropolis Museum
Tour Athens with a visit at the new Acropolis museum
The sightseeing tour in Athens usually starts at the well known Acropolis hill. Once you decided to visit the place, there are plenty of things that you can do to make your travel experience more memorable and exciting. With the existence and help of AthensTours, you can be sure that you will acquire the best travel packages and tours that come with an affordable price that will suit with your income and budget. We will also visit the architectural masterpieces in Athens such as Temple of Athena Nike, Propylaea and Erechtheion.
You will also have a great opportunity to visit the New Acropolis Museum and Panathenaic Stadium. Aside from this, the Acropolis Museum is also known as archaeological museum that is more focus on the findings of archaeological site of Acropolis Athens. One of the reasons why Acropolis Museum was built is to house each artifact found on rock as well as on its feet. The museum was founded in the year 2003 and the organization of the museum was completely established in the year 2008. The museum was opened to the public on June 20, 2009. Aside from this, we will also visit a huge number of wonderful places in Athens such as Hefestus Temple, Kerameikos, Roman Agora, Tower of Winds and Socrates Prison. We will also drive through the modern Athens and stop off at Old Agora, Hermou Str., Plaka or Flea market for traditional Greek delicacies and food as well as drink.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Inclusions: Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides, everything that not included above inclusions and/or gratuities
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Most of Athens in few hours!
Best of Athens and the new Acropolis or National archaeological museum, most popular highlights of our architecture, mythology, history, civilization and culture, you will have a wonderful & unforgettable experience!
New Acropolis Museum
Temple of Zeus
Old Olympic Stadium
Changing of the Guards
Academy of science
Placa, The Old City
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)