Athens & Nemea wine roads day trip From Corinth Canal, we will drive to Nemea. In this place, we will visit some wineries where you will have a great opportunity to try and taste some of the superb wines in the world.
According to studies, wine was initially produced in Nemea for over 3500 years ago. This is one of the reasons why Nemea is considered as one of the biggest winemaking regions in the greater of Greece. The place also produces some of the superb wines in the world. The well-known grape in Nemea is called Ayoryitiko wherein it is the most noble of the Greek red grapes. Apart from this, the town of Nemea is called as “Agios Georgios or St George”. In the year 1937, there is a group of wine growers who decided to establish a cooperative. In the present time, all the wine-growers in Nemea region are members of this association. Furthermore, the wine Cooperative Association has successfully equipped its installation with latest technologies and at the same time adopted advanced marketing methods to secure high position for wines future both in the country of Greece and in the world. When you decided to visit Nemea, you can be sure that you will surely love its wine making procedures and technologies. For those people who want to discover delicious wines in the world, Nemea is the ultimate place to visit and explore.
Afterwards, we will drive back to Athens where we will visit the archaeological sites such as the Acropolis hill, Panthenaic stadium, Zeus Temple and much more.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
-We use modern Mercedes C/E-Class, Minivan or Minibus vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, Smoke-FREE, fully air-conditioned.
– Rates include all tolls, parking fees, and baggage charges.
– Not included: VAT, Licensed guides, Drinks, Entrance fees, meals, accommodation and/or gratuities.
– All prices are quoted per car / not per person.
– For all services between 23:30 – 06:30 there shall be a night surcharge of 20%.
– Drivers will wait maximum 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time, kindly be on time, otherwise, you will be considered a “Non-Show”
Licensed Guides Extra Seat
Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Athens Highlights & Wine Taste at Nemea With this tour you will explore the real and revealing beauty of Athens, visit the best highlights of our architecture, mythology, history, civilization and a wonderful drive also to Nemea wine roads!
Temple of Zeus
Changing of the Guards
Academy of science
Nemea wine Roads