Athens Jewish Tours Greece
Athens Jewish Tours
The Athens sightseeing usually starts at the ACROPOLIS hill, well known architectural masterpieces of Golden Age of Athens that includes ERECHTHEION (female statues of THE CARYATIDES or MAIDENS dedicated to goddess Athena and god Poseidon), Temple of ATHENA NIKE and PROPYLAEA. You will also have a great chance to foresee the monument that puts order in mind which is the PARTHENON. From up there you can see, at the footsteps of the Acropolis hill, the ODEON OF HERODUS ATTICUS, the THEATRE OF DIONYSUS and the AREOPAGUS (Mars Hill),
We will also drive to the Temple of OLYMPIAN ZEUS and HADRIAN’S ARCH, and the PANATHENAIC STADIUM, this is the place where the first Olympic games of modern era were held in the year 1986. You will also foresee the EVZONES (changing of the guards) in their majestic picturesque uniform at the PRESIDENSIAL PALACE. Furthermore, the tour will give a chance to completely observe the remarkable contrasts that make the city of Athens a fascinating place. Apart from this, we will also visit THE ATHENS TRILOGY of culture (the National Library of Greece, the Athens University and the Academy), the MEMORIAL TO UNKNOWN SOLDIER, HOUSE OF PARLIAMENT, CONSTITUTION SQUARE (Syntagma), and spectacular panorama of city at LYCABETTUS hill. We will also drive through the modern Athens and stop off at HERMOU STR., the old city PLAKA (and Flea Market) for traditional Greek delicacies and food as well as drink. In these places, you can be sure that you will surely enjoy if you want a wonderful shopping together with your family and friends.
Aside from this, time permits, we will also visit a huge number of wonderful places in Athens such as HEFESTUS TEMPLE, KERAMEIKOS, GREEK & ROMAN AGORA (tower of winds), SOCRATES PRISON and more. After lunch enjoy a visit the NEW ACROPOLIS MUSEUM (suggested) or the NATIONAL ARCHAEOLOGICAL MUSEUM, one of the world’s best museums. We, at AthensTours will assure you that you will extremely love our Athens Full Day Tours.
We will visit also the Athens Synagogue and the Jewish museum.
Free admission days:
Under 18 years old is FREE
*6 March (except Acropolis Museum)
*5 June (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 April (except Acropolis Museum)
*18 May (International Museums Day)
*The last weekend of September annually (European Heritage Days- except Acropolis museum)
Reduced admission for:
*Greek citizens and citizens of other Member – States of the European Union aged over 65 years old by showing their ID card or passport.
*Students of Higher Education Institutes and equivalent Schools from countries outside the EU by showing their student ID
*The accompanying parents on educational visits of elementary schools.
• 1 January: closed
• 6 January: closed
• Shrove Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 25 March: closed
• Good Friday: until 12:00 closed
• Holy Saturday: 08.30-15.00
• Easter Sunday : closed
• Easter Monday: 08.30-15.00
• 1 May: closed
• Holy Spirit Day: 08.30-15.00
• 15 August: 08.30-15.00
• 28 October: 08.30-15.00
• 25 December: closed
• 26 December: closed
- We use luxury Mercedes Benz vehicles, legal and licensed by the Greek National Tourism Organization, smoke-free, fully air-conditioned.
- Inclusions: Rates include all tolls, fuel, parking fees, and baggage charges.
- Not included: Drinks, meals, entrance fees, accommodation, licensed guides, everything that not included above inclusions and/or gratuities
- Prices are per car and not per person.
- The driver will wait a maximum of 60 minutes after the indicated pick up time.
- Tours are private, personal, and flexible just for you and your party.
- For all tours except layover tours that starts/ends at Athens airport there will be a surcharge of 25% (Athens airport is 45-60 minutes drive from Athens, Piraeus port).
- For services between 23:30 – 06:30 there will be a 20% surcharge.
- Names Lists: Upon booking confirmation, you must provide a full list (names & surnames) for all members of your touring party. This is required by local authorities for all tours and failure to provide such a list may result in the cancellation of your tour.
- Driver: Please be aware that your Driver is not permitted to enter archaeological sites and museums and offer a guiding service. Only Licensed guides, authorized by the Greek Ministry of Culture, are allowed to do so. Should you require a licensed guide to accompany you to the archaeological sites and museums, we can provide such service at an extra cost, or you can find a licensed guide on your own. Please note that, if you choose the service of a licensed guide for the full time of your tour, an additional seat in the vehicle will be required. Since your licensed guide will be in the vehicle during the tour. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu, in order for the appropriate vehicle to be provided for your Tour.
- Licensed Guides: All accredited (official) guides are freelance professionals by law, who are hired by the operator on your behalf. The Licensed guide is responsible for issuing all pertinent documentation concerning his/her services (such as receipts, etc.).
- Full day tour duration with a licensed guide is 8 hours and a half-day tour duration with a licensed guide is 5 hours.
- Licensed Guides Extra Seat: Please note that, if you will be choosing the services of a licensed guide for FULL TIME, you will require an ADDITIONAL seat in your vehicle, since your guide will be riding with you. For example, should there be 3 persons in your party, you must select 4 persons on the menu (car type 4-7 people)
– Mercedes Sedan/Saloon (1-3 persons) max luggage: 3 pieces with the following maximum dimensions: height 63,5cm/25 inches, width 45cm/18 inches, depth 28cm/11 inches or 2 larger pieces
– Mercedes Minivan or Minibus 1 piece of luggage (up to above dimensions) plus 1 carry-on (not exceeding 3 kilos) per person. IMPORTANT: For each and every requested transfer service, you are required to inform us of the exact luggage description of your party.
Essence of Athens + Jewish sites
With this tour you will explore the real and revealing beauty of Athens, visit all the highlights of our architecture, mythology, history, civilization, culture & the Jewish sites, you will have a wonderful & unforgettable experience!
New Acropolis Museum
Temple of Zeus
Old Olympic Stadium
Changing of the Guards
Academy of science
Placa, The Old City
- Comfortable clothing and athletic walking shoes are recommended.
- Hat and sun glasses are suggested.
- Photography is permitted throughout the tour.
- Local cash needed for entrance fees and small expenses (25€ pp)